Wahiba Mouhandiz November 11, 2020 Math Worksheets
It is your responsibility to educate parents on what online tutoring is, how it is accomplished, and exactly how you will use this technology to help their child be more successful in school. Below I will help you figure out how to educate parents on how online tutoring works.
There may be instances in which a parent is on the phone with you, possibly during the initial conversation, and it is inconvenient to get online together at that time. In these cases it is up to you to make the parent understand everything while still on the phone. I have been in this situation countless times and found that I always came across the same misconceptions and questions from parents. I have summarized the areas that I have consistently addressed in the five areas discussed below.
1. Explain that the only requirements are internet access, a microphone, and speakers. Most computers nowadays come with both a microphone and speakers built right in. However, if they don't have them already, they could purchase both easily. Inform the parents that they shouldn't have to spend a lot of money; the basic models will work fine. Although more expensive and not necessary, some students prefer to use a headset with a microphone attached. This style helps to reduce the background noise and may be the best choice for kids that are easily distracted.
Before a client is ready to use the online classroom they must configure their microphone. New microphones typically cause an installation wizard to pop up and walk you through the process while older microphones can easily be configured by following a few easy steps.
2. One of the major misconceptions parents have deals with how communication will occur during the session. Parents are typically amazed to learn that their child will be able to talk back and forth with you just as if they are on a telephone, but without the telephone of course. Many parents expect that their child will be communicating via typing, as they might have seen their child instant messaging (Impinging) their friends.
3. If for some reason you are unable to show the parent the demo online, take some time to discuss how the whiteboard works. Help them to visualize the various features such as the freehand writing tool, the ability to draw shapes, even the ability to change the size and color of what they are drawing or writing. Explain to the parents that you or their child will be able to cut and paste text from a school document such as an essay, a homework worksheet, a test, or even from another website right onto the whiteboard so you can both look at the same thing simultaneously. Give them an example of how you and their child will use the whiteboard at the same time. I like to use a math problem as an example and help parents to imagine their child working out the solution to a math problem on the whiteboard as I watch and give them instant feedback about what they are writing as they are writing.
4. Another misconception that parents hold is that they believe that their child will share you with other children. They are very pleased to hear that you will be working one-on-one with their child for a full hour at a time.
5. Finally, make parents aware of the scheduling process. Many parents believe they are locked into running a session with you at the same time and day each week. Explain that your schedule will be posted and they are free to select whatever sessions works best for them on a weekly basis. The fact that the schedule can change when necessary and that a child can schedule a session whenever they are most needed, is very appealing to a parent.
Learning how to educate parents is vital. Always keep in mind that the parents may not be familiar with the technology that you hope to use with their child and if you would like to build a successful business you need to spend quality time helping potential clients understand what you plan to do and how you plan to do it.
Tag CloudYear 7 Reading Comprehension Year 8 English Worksheets PDF Personal Pronouns Exercises Worksheets Preposition Exercise For Class 4 Grammar Worksheet Comparatives Newspaper Reading Comprehension Worksheets Active To Passive Voice Exercises PDF ESL Storytelling Worksheet Adjectives Grammar Exercises Business English Grammar Exercises PDF W Questions Past Simple Exercises PDF Yale Starters Worksheets PDF Simple To Complex Sentences Exercises Tenses Worksheets With Answers Story Writing With Hints Worksheets Noun Exercise For Class 3 Simple Past Tense Exercises PDF With Answers Grammar Worksheet Superlatives Preposition Exercises With Pictures PDF Modals Exercises For Class 7 Basic Sentence Structure Exercises Noun Number Exercises Pronoun Exercises For Class 8 Geese English Worksheets ESL Hotel Problems Worksheet Conditional Sentences Type 1 Exercises PDF Relative Clauses Exercises Online Second Conditional Sentences Exercises If Clauses Type 1 And 2 Exercises PDF Reading Comprehension For Kids PDF Present Past Tense Exercises English Conjunctions Exercises Grade 8 English Grammar Worksheets Present Perfect And Present Perfect Continuous Worksheet Nouns And Pronouns Exercises PDF Present Past Future Continuous Tense Exercises Active Passive Voice Exercises With Answers PDF Vocabulary Exercises Intermediate PDF Verbs For Class 3 Types Of Pronouns Exercises Modal Verbs Exercises Intermediate Grammar Practice Worksheets Present Perfect Adverb Exercises For Class 6 Degrees Of Adverbs Worksheets For Grade 5 English Exercises PDF For Beginners Second Conditional Exercises With Answers Future Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers PDF Narrative Tenses Exercises With Answers Preposition Of Time Worksheet With Answers Year 4 Comprehension Worksheets Flyers Vocabulary Exercises Grammar Multiple Choice Test Worksheets PDF Perfect Tenses Exercises With Answers Adverbs Of Degree Exercises PDF Intermediate English Grammar Exercises PDF Mixed Present Tenses Exercises PDF ESL Library Simple Present Tense Preposition Worksheets For Grade 4 With Answers Handwriting Improvement Worksheets PDF Prepositions Of Place And Movement Exercises English Comprehension For Class 2 Active And Passive Voice Hard Exercises With Answers Pronoun Exercise For Class 4 Future Continuous Tense Exercises PDF English Grammar Exercises With Answers PDF Free Transportation Reading Comprehension Worksheets Identifying Topic Sentence Exercises With Answers English Exercises PDF With Answers English Grammar Worksheets For Class 3 PDF Synonyms Exercises PDF Learning English With Songs Worksheets Verb To Be Present And Past Exercises Year 6 Comprehension Prepositions Of Place And Movement Exercises PDF Passive Voice With Two Objects Exercises PDF Past Perfect Progressive Tense Exercises Year 2 English Worksheets PDF Sentence Stress Exercises PDF Idioms Exercises With Answers Adjectives Of Quality Exercises Tenses Exercise For Class 9 Active And Passive Sentences Exercises Verbs Exercises For Class 5 Learning Numbers In English Worksheets Types Of Pronouns Exercises With Answers Simple Present Tense And Present Continuous Tense Exercises Present Tense And Past Tense Exercise Pronouns Exercises Online Simple Past Tense Regular Verbs Exercises Stave Verbs Exercises With Answers Main Verb And Auxiliary Verb Worksheets Present And Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises Comprehension Exercises For Grade 6 W Questions Verb To Be Exercises PDF Tense Revision Exercises Preposition Worksheets For Grade 3 With Answers Grammar Worksheet Prepositions Of Time Verb To Be Contractions Exercises Adverbs Of Degree Worksheets With Answers Grade Two English Worksheets Year 5 Grammar Worksheets PDF Combining Sentences Exercises PDF Verb Exercise For Class 3 Modal Verbs Of Obligation Prohibition And Permission Exercises PDF English Prepositions Exercises With Answers Tenses Worksheets For Grade 5 With Answers English Grammar Worksheets For Grade 10 PDF Year 5 English Worksheets With Answers As As Exercises Grammar PDF Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers PDF Comprehension In English For Class 3 Phrasal Verbs Advanced Exercises PDF Simple Future Tense Will Exercises PDF Treasure Island Comprehension Worksheets English Grammar Worksheets For Grade 4 With Answers PDF Types Of Adjectives Exercises Grammar Worksheets 5 English Comprehension For Class 3 Comparative And Superlative Reading Comprehension Exercises PDF English Exercises For Grade 6 Collocations Exercises With Answers Sentence And Phrase Worksheet PDF English Letters Worksheets Prepositional Verbs Exercises PDF Listening Comprehension Worksheets Grade 6 Year 5 Reading Comprehension Worksheets English Worksheet For Elementary Students Present Simple And Past Simple Mixed Exercises PDF Past Tenses Exercises Online Mixed Tenses Worksheets For Grade 8 Speaking Activities Worksheets Prepositions Of Place Exercises For Beginners Simple Future Tense Exercises Worksheets Opposite Adjectives Exercises PDF Year 5 English Worksheets PDF Article Exercise For Class 3 Prepositions Of Place Test PDF Prepositions Of Place Exercises Online Present Perfect For And Since Exercises Preposition Of Place Worksheet With Answers If Clause Type 1 Exercises PDF Prefix And Suffix Exercises With Answers PDF Worksheet For Class 1 English Grammar Suffix Sentences Worksheet If Clause Exercises With Answers PDF Year 5 Grammar Worksheets Year 2 Reading Comprehension PDF Preposition Worksheet For Class 5 Year 3 Comprehension Worksheets Helping Verbs Worksheet For Grade 2 Grade 5 Grammar Worksheets PDF Modal Auxiliary Verbs Exercises PDF Passive Modals Exercises PDF Prefix And Suffix Exercises For Grade 8 Inverted Sentences Exercises With Answers Present Simple W Questions Exercises PDF Year 6 Comprehension Worksheets Food Vocabulary Exercises PDF Phrases Exercises English Grammar Present Tenses Exercises Online Adjectives Exercises Online Definite Article Exercises PDF Opposite Adjectives Worksheets PDF Suffixes And Prefixes Exercises With Answers Noun Suffixes Exercises PDF Preposition Exercise For Class 5 Conditional Sentences Worksheets PDF Articles And Prepositions Exercises Mixed Conditionals Exercises PDF With Answers Articles Exercises For Class 8 Adverb Exercises For Class 5 Year 6 Grammar Worksheets Reading Comprehension Intermediate Worksheets Simple Past Regular And Irregular Verbs Exercises English Comprehension For Class 1 Regular And Irregular Verbs Worksheet PDF Adverbs In English Exercises Active And Passive Voice Sentences Exercises With Answers Verb Exercise For Class 2 Past And Present Perfect Tense Exercises Tenses Sentences Worksheets Multiple Choice Close Test Exercises PDF Modal Verbs Possibility And Certainty Exercises PDF British And American English Exercises PDF Personal Pronouns Exercises With Answers PDF Adverb Exercises For Class 7 All Tenses In English Exercises With Answers PDF Modal Verbs Exercises Advanced Level House Vocabulary Exercises Helping Verbs Exercises With Answers Printable Worksheets Articles Grammar Compound Sentences Exercises With Answers PDF Preposition Worksheet For Class 4 English Sheets For Grade 1