Wahiba Mouhandiz November 11, 2020 Math Worksheets
It is your responsibility to educate parents on what online tutoring is, how it is accomplished, and exactly how you will use this technology to help their child be more successful in school. Below I will help you figure out how to educate parents on how online tutoring works.
There may be instances in which a parent is on the phone with you, possibly during the initial conversation, and it is inconvenient to get online together at that time. In these cases it is up to you to make the parent understand everything while still on the phone. I have been in this situation countless times and found that I always came across the same misconceptions and questions from parents. I have summarized the areas that I have consistently addressed in the five areas discussed below.
1. Explain that the only requirements are internet access, a microphone, and speakers. Most computers nowadays come with both a microphone and speakers built right in. However, if they don't have them already, they could purchase both easily. Inform the parents that they shouldn't have to spend a lot of money; the basic models will work fine. Although more expensive and not necessary, some students prefer to use a headset with a microphone attached. This style helps to reduce the background noise and may be the best choice for kids that are easily distracted.
Before a client is ready to use the online classroom they must configure their microphone. New microphones typically cause an installation wizard to pop up and walk you through the process while older microphones can easily be configured by following a few easy steps.
2. One of the major misconceptions parents have deals with how communication will occur during the session. Parents are typically amazed to learn that their child will be able to talk back and forth with you just as if they are on a telephone, but without the telephone of course. Many parents expect that their child will be communicating via typing, as they might have seen their child instant messaging (Impinging) their friends.
3. If for some reason you are unable to show the parent the demo online, take some time to discuss how the whiteboard works. Help them to visualize the various features such as the freehand writing tool, the ability to draw shapes, even the ability to change the size and color of what they are drawing or writing. Explain to the parents that you or their child will be able to cut and paste text from a school document such as an essay, a homework worksheet, a test, or even from another website right onto the whiteboard so you can both look at the same thing simultaneously. Give them an example of how you and their child will use the whiteboard at the same time. I like to use a math problem as an example and help parents to imagine their child working out the solution to a math problem on the whiteboard as I watch and give them instant feedback about what they are writing as they are writing.
4. Another misconception that parents hold is that they believe that their child will share you with other children. They are very pleased to hear that you will be working one-on-one with their child for a full hour at a time.
5. Finally, make parents aware of the scheduling process. Many parents believe they are locked into running a session with you at the same time and day each week. Explain that your schedule will be posted and they are free to select whatever sessions works best for them on a weekly basis. The fact that the schedule can change when necessary and that a child can schedule a session whenever they are most needed, is very appealing to a parent.
Learning how to educate parents is vital. Always keep in mind that the parents may not be familiar with the technology that you hope to use with their child and if you would like to build a successful business you need to spend quality time helping potential clients understand what you plan to do and how you plan to do it.
Tag CloudMain Verb And Auxiliary Verb Worksheets Second Conditional Exercises With Answers Verbs Exercises For Class 5 Newspaper Reading Comprehension Worksheets English Exercises For Grade 6 Prepositions Of Place And Movement Exercises PDF Noun Suffixes Exercises PDF Story Writing With Hints Worksheets Simple Past Tense Exercises PDF With Answers Preposition Exercise For Class 4 Adverb Exercises For Class 6 Reading Comprehension Intermediate Worksheets Prepositions Of Place And Movement Exercises Grammar Multiple Choice Test Worksheets PDF English Grammar Worksheets For Grade 4 With Answers PDF Year 5 English Worksheets With Answers Year 5 Grammar Worksheets W Questions Verb To Be Exercises PDF Noun Exercise For Class 3 Mixed Tenses Worksheets For Grade 8 Present Tense And Past Tense Exercise Modal Verbs Possibility And Certainty Exercises PDF Prepositional Verbs Exercises PDF Combining Sentences Exercises PDF Second Conditional Sentences Exercises Modal Verbs Exercises Advanced Level English Sheets For Grade 1 Inverted Sentences Exercises With Answers Modals Exercises For Class 7 Tenses Worksheets With Answers Simple Past Tense Regular Verbs Exercises Regular And Irregular Verbs Worksheet PDF Year 6 Comprehension Worksheets Worksheet For Class 1 English Grammar Articles And Prepositions Exercises Conditional Sentences Type 1 Exercises PDF Preposition Worksheets For Grade 3 With Answers English Prepositions Exercises With Answers Suffix Sentences Worksheet Year 5 Grammar Worksheets PDF Yale Starters Worksheets PDF Sentence And Phrase Worksheet PDF Active Passive Voice Exercises With Answers PDF Degrees Of Adverbs Worksheets For Grade 5 English Grammar Worksheets For Class 3 PDF W Questions Past Simple Exercises PDF Active To Passive Voice Exercises PDF Conditional Sentences Worksheets PDF English Exercises PDF With Answers Year 6 Grammar Worksheets Modal Verbs Exercises Intermediate English Letters Worksheets English Grammar Worksheets For Grade 10 PDF Passive Voice With Two Objects Exercises PDF English Conjunctions Exercises Preposition Exercise For Class 5 Phrasal Verbs Advanced Exercises PDF ESL Library Simple Present Tense Articles Exercises For Class 8 Simple To Complex Sentences Exercises Adjectives Of Quality Exercises Pronoun Exercise For Class 4 Narrative Tenses Exercises With Answers Year 5 English Worksheets PDF ESL Storytelling Worksheet Types Of Pronouns Exercises With Answers Grammar Worksheet Prepositions Of Time Grammar Worksheet Superlatives Prepositions Of Place Exercises For Beginners Phrases Exercises English Grammar Future Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers PDF Reading Comprehension For Kids PDF Preposition Exercises With Pictures PDF Transportation Reading Comprehension Worksheets Preposition Worksheet For Class 4 Passive Modals Exercises PDF If Clauses Type 1 And 2 Exercises PDF Adverbs In English Exercises Printable Worksheets Articles Grammar Tenses Worksheets For Grade 5 With Answers Learning Numbers In English Worksheets Basic Sentence Structure Exercises Active And Passive Sentences Exercises Simple Future Tense Exercises Worksheets House Vocabulary Exercises Comparative And Superlative Reading Comprehension Exercises PDF Speaking Activities Worksheets Present Simple W Questions Exercises PDF ESL Hotel Problems Worksheet Mixed Present Tenses Exercises PDF Grade 8 English Grammar Worksheets Adjectives Grammar Exercises Relative Clauses Exercises Online Multiple Choice Close Test Exercises PDF Year 4 Comprehension Worksheets English Comprehension For Class 2 Present Past Tense Exercises Opposite Adjectives Worksheets PDF Handwriting Improvement Worksheets PDF If Clause Type 1 Exercises PDF Year 5 Reading Comprehension Worksheets If Clause Exercises With Answers PDF Prepositions Of Place Exercises Online Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises With Answers PDF English Comprehension For Class 1 Simple Present Tense And Present Continuous Tense Exercises English Grammar Exercises With Answers PDF Free Idioms Exercises With Answers Modal Verbs Of Obligation Prohibition And Permission Exercises PDF Preposition Of Time Worksheet With Answers Food Vocabulary Exercises PDF Prepositions Of Place Test PDF Past Tenses Exercises Online Grammar Worksheet Comparatives Adverb Exercises For Class 5 Tense Revision Exercises Nouns And Pronouns Exercises PDF Vocabulary Exercises Intermediate PDF Present Past Future Continuous Tense Exercises Modal Auxiliary Verbs Exercises PDF Business English Grammar Exercises PDF Prefix And Suffix Exercises With Answers PDF Treasure Island Comprehension Worksheets Tenses Exercise For Class 9 Geese English Worksheets Helping Verbs Worksheet For Grade 2 Year 8 English Worksheets PDF Personal Pronouns Exercises With Answers PDF Flyers Vocabulary Exercises As As Exercises Grammar PDF British And American English Exercises PDF Past Perfect Progressive Tense Exercises Adverbs Of Degree Worksheets With Answers Verb To Be Contractions Exercises Year 2 Reading Comprehension PDF Opposite Adjectives Exercises PDF Adverbs Of Degree Exercises PDF Active And Passive Voice Hard Exercises With Answers Pronouns Exercises Online Verbs For Class 3 English Comprehension For Class 3 Grade Two English Worksheets Grade 5 Grammar Worksheets PDF Verb To Be Present And Past Exercises Adjectives Exercises Online Grammar Practice Worksheets Present Perfect Year 7 Reading Comprehension Year 3 Comprehension Worksheets Stave Verbs Exercises With Answers Verb Exercise For Class 2 Grammar Worksheets 5 Intermediate English Grammar Exercises PDF Types Of Pronouns Exercises Simple Past Regular And Irregular Verbs Exercises Compound Sentences Exercises With Answers PDF Learning English With Songs Worksheets Types Of Adjectives Exercises English Exercises PDF For Beginners Present And Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises Helping Verbs Exercises With Answers Comprehension In English For Class 3 Present Tenses Exercises Online Adverb Exercises For Class 7 Preposition Worksheets For Grade 4 With Answers Preposition Of Place Worksheet With Answers Identifying Topic Sentence Exercises With Answers Article Exercise For Class 3 Present Perfect And Present Perfect Continuous Worksheet Pronoun Exercises For Class 8 Future Continuous Tense Exercises PDF Past And Present Perfect Tense Exercises Sentence Stress Exercises PDF Personal Pronouns Exercises Worksheets Perfect Tenses Exercises With Answers Definite Article Exercises PDF Collocations Exercises With Answers Noun Number Exercises Year 6 Comprehension Active And Passive Voice Sentences Exercises With Answers Mixed Conditionals Exercises PDF With Answers Listening Comprehension Worksheets Grade 6 English Worksheet For Elementary Students Comprehension Exercises For Grade 6 Verb Exercise For Class 3 All Tenses In English Exercises With Answers PDF Simple Future Tense Will Exercises PDF Synonyms Exercises PDF Preposition Worksheet For Class 5 Present Perfect For And Since Exercises Prefix And Suffix Exercises For Grade 8 Suffixes And Prefixes Exercises With Answers Tenses Sentences Worksheets Year 2 English Worksheets PDF Present Simple And Past Simple Mixed Exercises PDF